Farm-to-Table Dining in Pennsylvania
We invite you to dine either in our Main Dining Room or the Pub any night of the week for a fantastic Lehigh Valley Farm-to-Table experience. These are two distinct spaces within a few steps of each other, though many of our guests choose to enjoy both, with a drink in the Pub prior to being seated in the Great Room. View the menu here. Reservations are required for both the Great Room and the Pub at our Lehigh Valley restaurant. Selections from our wine list and full bar may be ordered in either room.
Dinner at Glasbern Inn
The Main Dining Room at our Fogelsville restaurant, seen above, features a 28-foot cathedral ceiling, fieldstone walls, fireplace, and candles. The structure is part of the historic 19th-Century barn, with exposed original beams and ladders. Join us here Sunday-Friday for À la Carte diningand our four course Prix Fixe menu on Saturday.
Our Farm-to-Table PhilosophyWhat does "farm-to-table" mean? From a broad enough vantage point, nearly every restaurant is farm to table. But not all farms are created equal. When referring to farm-to-table cuisine, "to" can represent all sorts of distances. At Glasbern, we've shrunk that "to" as far as it can go -- a large majority of the food you enjoy here is the food we raise here on our sustainable farm in Lehigh Valley.
Breakfast for Our Overnight GuestsWhen staying overnight at our romantic country inn in Pennsylvania, be sure to join us in the main barn for a full country style breakfast. Start the morning off right with a freshly prepared breakfast just the way you like it. All you have to do is spend the night and see for yourself.
Our Farm-to-Table Philosophy
What does "farm-to-table" mean?
From a broad enough vantage point, nearly every restaurant is farm to table. But not all farms are created equal. When referring to farm-to-table cuisine, "to" can represent all sorts of distances. At our Lehigh Valley inn and restaurant, we've shrunk that "to" as far as it can go -- a large majority of the food you enjoy here is the food we raise here on our sustainable farm in Pennsylvania.
We know the source because we are the source
Sourcing of ingredients is the primary challenge facing a Chef who aims to deliver a memorable dining experience. At Glasbern, though, sourcing is a delight rather than a challenge. Sourcing means sizing up our Scottish Highland cattle as the seasons change, going out the kitchen's back door into the herb garden with a basket, sitting down with our gardener to plan our menus and planting schedule, raising free-range chickens, and giving our Berkshire pigs time to fatten up nice and slow, the old-fashioned way. Only letting our Katahdin sheep graze on grass.
Sharing the Local Abundance
Of course, we can't raise everything we serve here at our country inn in Pennsylvania. (Despite our best intentions, there won't be any sea bass coming out of these ponds.) And naturally, our available farm products vary with the seasons. That's why we work with trusted and sustainable local purveyors such as River & Glen and D'Artagnan to help us fill in the missing pieces. We buy the mirror image of what we raise. When you dine with us, you'll know what we've raised here on the farm by the asterisks on the menu. Yes, we're proud of what we make. But our real joy comes from sharing it with you.
Glasbern is more than a Pennsylvania farm to table restaurant: When you dine with us, you are dining at the farm's table. Learn More »
"Glasbern never disappoints. Grass-fed beef grown on the premises as well as many other seasonal features." - Another Satisfied Dinner Guest
Dinner at Glasbern Inn
The Main Dining Room at our restaurant near Allentown, PA, seen above, features a 28-foot cathedral ceiling, fieldstone walls, fireplace, and candles. The structure is part of the historic 19th-Century barn, with exposed original beams and ladders.
Join us here Sunday-Friday for À la Carte Lehigh Valley dining and on Saturday for our $60 four course Prix Fixe Menu.
- Open to the public seven nights a week, all year round
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. seating
- Reservations required -- please call (610) 285-4723 or book online through Urban Spoon.
- Dress code is "smart casual", no ripped jeans, work boots, sportswear or hats, please
View Our Menus (PDF)
The Pub at Glasbern Inn
The Pub has a traditional cozy fireside restaurant atmosphere, with bar seating, tables, booths, oil paintings, fireplace, adjoining patio, and its own farm-fresh Pub Menu. The perfect choice for dining in Lehigh Valley!
- Open to the public Sunday-Friday, year round
- Open to Overnight Guests nightly, year round
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Seatings
- Reservations Required by calling (610) 285-4723 or online through Urban Spoon
- Wine list and full bar are available
View Our Menus (PDF)
Breakfast at Glasbern Inn
When staying overnight at our romantic country inn in Pennsylvania, be sure to join us in the main barn for a full country style breakfast. Start the morning off right with freshly brewed coffee, fresh cut fruit and homemade pastries. Next order off a hot plated menu including fresh eggs which are brought down from the hill every morning by our farmer, and are prepared just the way you like it. All you have to do is spend the night and see for yourself.
We unfortunately can only accommodate our overnight guests for breakfast.
Lunch at Glasbern
Hours: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. weekdays
- Glasbern salad, candied walnut, blue cheese, green apple 9
- San Marzano Tomato and Fennel Soup, brioche crouton, asiago cup 8 bowl 12
- Chicken Liver Pâté, house brioche, cornichon, pickled beets* 10
- Soup, daily seasonal selection cup 8 bowl 12
- Pulled Pork BBQ, kaiser roll, lightly smoked pork shoulder, house made BBQ and coleslaw 9
- Grilled Cheese, aged cheddar, house ham, sliced tomato 8 + cup of Tomato Soup 6
- House Reuben, our corned brisket, house fermented kraut, smoked Russian 10
- Glasbern Burger, grass fed beef, aged cheddar, caramelized onion, house bacon, kaiser roll 9
- Turkey Club, glasbern turkey breast, LTO, lemon mayo, swiss cheese, farmers white 9
- Rhode Island Red Egg Salad, field greens, white balsamic 9
- Cobb Salad, crisp romaine, house bacon crumble, boiled farm egg, chopped onion, aged cheddar 12
- Dark Meat Chicken Salad, banyuls vinegar, red onion, field greens 9
- “Pasta Salad”, house pesto, fettuccini, ponzu marinated + grilled tofu 12
- Meatloaf, tomato jam, lemon mayo, cheddar 11
- Tuna Melt, lemon and caper relish, green olive, swiss 10
- Ham and Cheese, house smoked ham and swiss 10
- AB&J, farmers white bread, house made almond butter and seasonal jam 9
- Butterscotch Pudding, candied walnut, chantilly 8
- Ice Cream, daily selection of house made ice creams 8
Chefs Tasting : 3 Course Lunch Special for 15 dollars (1 beginning, 1 entrée,1 dessert)
Above prices subject to change and do not include 18% gratuity or required taxes