Glasbern’s property dates to 1787 when the original tract of land was warranted to Malchoir Siep, a local farmer who, along with his family, worked the land for nearly 80 years.
In 1870, Joel Mohr purchased the property and built the spring house, the first building on the property. Over the years several barns and a family home were added.
Decades later, in December 1985, Beth and Al Granger purchased the original 16-acre farm that had been abandoned for 13 years following the death of the previous owner, William Kirschner. They began a meticulous renovation project to create a welcoming historic country inn for guests and group gatherings.
With the caring touch of master carpenters, the original tractor shed became the Carriage House, another shed became the Gate House and the Garden Cottage was made ready for guests.
The Stables, though not original to Glasbern, were once located on a nearby farm. The entire structure was dismantled, moved and then re-assembled.
The Packhouse has a similar history, two dilapidated barns on a nearby farm were dismantled and rebuilt on Glasbern to form one large building.
In 2014, our wedding tent was removed and the Grand Lodge, a 3200 square foot addition to the lodge was completed to accommodate events up to 150 guests.
Today, having grown to 150 acres, Glasbern continues both as a farm boasting organic pastures and pristine ponds and an establishment offering luxury rustic lodging, executive leadership retreats, farm style weddings and year-round romantic escapes.
At Glasbern, there is almost always a new landscaping or building project in progress, with the Glasloft opened in the spring of 2018 to accommodate corporate events and small weddings of up to 70 guests.
Glasbern’s accolades include Philadelphia Magazine’s “Best Romantic Escape” and “Best Meeting Venue “from Pennsylvania Meeting and Events and is consistently TripAdvisor’s #1 award.
Beth Granger died in 2006, but her vision of hospitality and farm fresh culinary offerings continue.
Welcome to the Inn,